kyria's summer visit

My fondest memory of grandma was the summer I went back East as a kid. I remember taking the plane by myself, getting my little wings and coloring book and finally arriving on the east coast after what seemed like a day long flight. I spent a lot of time with grandma and I think we went to an ice cream shop every day. Each day we would try a different place, and I would always get the same kind of ice cream, chocolate chip. We went to Peaceful Meadows, the Newport Creamery and many more. She would always encourage me to try other flavors, but my favorite kind was chocolate chip and so that is what I stuck with. I remember her little house in East Bridgewater, walking to the library and the penny candy store and the pond to feed the ducks...going to Plymouth for Mayflower tours, Plymouth Plantation, lobster and whale watching and going to Sandwich. We would work in her garden, read, go pick berries, go to the pond, and swim . I had a great summer with grandma that year!

Submitted by Kyria.

No comments: