first glimpse

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

It’s been thirty years and two months since I was looking out the window at a frozen Boston morning for my first glimpse of my new mother-in-law. I’d had eighty four hours from San Francisco on Greyhound to ponder what I was getting into. If I’d only known?

We got along great right from the start and the love has grown ever since. Nothing better than a good political row with your mother-in-law from time to time. Remember how I knew everything when I first met you? Luckily whether you were right or I was right or visa versa, we always finished the day with a happy hug and a good night greeting. I still appreciate getting your goat whenever possible.

You know, while thinking about what to put into your birthday blog I think of so many things that seem mundane but are the treasures that you have given to me, Dorothy, Kyria and Matthew or been a part of over the years. The beautiful wedding cake for us and Dorothy’s wedding dress, trips all over the East coast, and walks over to the candy store in East Bridgewater. Of course I also think of all the snow that had to be shoveled too. I’ll never forget the night we were driving home and you said to take the next left and I turned on the wrong side of the median and headed up the wrong side of the road. I just love to hear you squeal.

Mostly I want you to know that if I had the chance to pick any mother-in-law in the world you’d be the one I’d pick again.

Thanks for all the love, love Jeffery >8-) -

No comments: